Following the success of our workshops this summer, the Ironart team will be running more one-day ‘Introduction to Blacksmithing’ courses through the Autumn/Winter. These take place in our Larkhall forge on the outskirts of beautiful Georgian Bath. These one-day courses are aimed at the complete beginner and will be tutored by experienced artist blacksmiths Jason Balchin and Martin Smith. They are open to anyone aged 16+ and make a unique and memorable birthday or Christmas present gift. Choose from a selection of items to make and take home. We’ll supply you with all safety equipment, tools and materials, hot bacon sandwiches and a steady flow of tea and coffee to keep you going. Please share this on Facebook and Twitter or forward this email to anyone you know who might be interested….
The following one-day workshops run from 8am – 2pm and cost £95.00 per person.
Saturday 22nd November 2014
Saturday 6th December 2014
Saturday 17th January 2015
Saturday 31st January 2015
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01225 311 273 to book your place. Please note that these are on a first-come, first served basis and payment is required in full to secure your place. (p.s. We can make suggestions for accommodation locally if needed.)
Please note that space is limited so book early to avoid disappointment! Feedback from previous one-day forging workshops …. “The things to make were interesting, and the different techniques fun to learn. The level and pace of the training was excellent, and it was great that we could each proceed at our own speed.” “I had a fantastic time, and achieved so much more than I expected to. I really want to do another course with you guys: that heart shaped hook is next on my list!” “Just to say I really enjoyed it. Our teacher was really patient and hit the right level of help/letting us get on with it. The day made me appreciate the skill involved. Would recommend the course.” “Well organised, good fun and good bacon butties!” “Andy and I thoroughly enjoyed the day at Ironart. Martin provided great instruction and within no time at all we had made several test pieces with scrolls and twists.”
* Terms and Conditions of booking:
- Amendments to bookings may be made up to 14 days prior to the date of the class. If you find you are unable to attend a class less than 14 days before the date of your workshop we regret that the course fees will only be refunded if we are able to fill your place. These rules apply equally to gift voucher bookings.
- If through unavoidable circumstances Ironart Ltd has to cancel a workshop, all course fees will be refunded in full or if you wish, transferred to another course. We regret that we cannot refund any other costs you may have incurred in advance, such as travel and accommodation.
- Ironart Ltd cannot accept liability for any loss, injury or damage to course participants or their property. Copies of Ironart Ltd Public Liability Insurance certificate are available on request.
- Whilst the dates & prices for the courses are correct at the time of going to press, Ironart Ltd reserves the right to make alterations to dates, times, course content & prices.